Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Aboriginal Art



When I am able, my plan is to feature different cultures, artists, tribes, and folks who have stories to tell & beauty to share.

In this world of frustration over injustices, it is easy for myself to become consumed with those who chose not to honor the rich beauty that many people in our world are so willing to share.
Like the Native Americans in the United States, Australian Aboriginal people were hunted, prosecuted and killed by the white man.
Read about their history:About Australian Aboriginal Culture - the world's longest continuous culture?

And check out their beautiful art:

Aboriginal Fine Arts Gallery

I, myself, am of Ojibwe ancestry, and believe strongly that western culture has much to learn from First Nations people.

Peace,
Deanna

2 comments:

DeannaHawk said...

yes, they will!

justagirl said...

Im not a native im just a white 15 year old girl that wants to gain more knowledge of what is going on in the world around me can anyone enlighten me please?