Sunday, May 07, 2006

Your Ability To See The Truth

I'm starting to get used to the looks now; you know the ones. Eyebrows raised, small smirk at one end of the mouth, or even a shocked look of "What in the world are you talking about?"

When the subjects of world news, politics, Bush, global warming, oil prices, racism etc.... come up, I usually have something to say. Let's be honest, I passionately have something to say! My co-worker's, members of my extended family, people at the grocery store.....I tend to make some person in my immediate vicinity rather uncomfortable with what is coming out of my mouth. Well, so be it.

I think some people really don't want to acknowledge that our government & huge corporations are looking to dominate everything in our world--smashing the little guys(you & me) in the process. We're considered collateral damage. I hear this comment the most, "Well, that is your opinion." I asked one women who gave me that comment, "When did you research this issue?"--She retorted, "Well, goodness sake, I watch the news , nothing is said about THAT. If it were a big deal it would be front page news." I guess it IS hard to contend with THAT logic!

That takes us to the media. Our lovely media. What a great job they are doing. Um......who owns media companies? Oh yeah, big, fat white guys who own multi-billion dollars corporations who are mostly republicans. I forgot. I can see now why Mrs. Skeptical would believe her country is not being taken hostage. AlterNet

Kids, all you need to do to find your country's truth---FOLLOW THE MONEY!

If, for example, General Electric, owns a media company & has their hand on making weapons, why would they want their media talking about ANTI-WAR news? We are being squashed by the money, people. It's the old saying, "Money talks, and bullshit walks."

So ask yourself, "What IS your ability to see the truth?"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was like..wtf? on firecrow's comment..then I went to his blog..lol..is this a form of foreplay you two? :P

Unknown said...

The MSM..mainstream media gives us our news in 7 second soundbites..if you go take a leak, dish-up dinner or just walk across the room, you can miss the whole thing. The MSM is accused of catering to the left by the right and the right by the left.. and they cater to no one but themselves in actuality.