Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Missing Children



During this very turbulent time in our administration, there are many issues to be concerned about. Many have been discussed on this blog. Today, I'd like to remind anyone reading this how important it is to not forget about the 1,000,000 children that are reported lost or missing each year. National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

I can remember when I took my son to the county fair. He was 4 years old and was enjoying the animals & rides & having a ball with me and his grandparents. In a minute he was gone, no longer holding my hand & became lost in the large crowd.
One minute he was there, the next gone. I began frantically looking for him, calling his name. Several people could obviously see the fear in my face & began helping me, along with my parents..........this went on for an HOUR! We made our way through the fair to where the police had a tent. There he was, playing cards & laughing with a police officer! My G-D, he'd been there almost the entire time he was missing. A wonderful woman found him crying & brought him to the tent. I have no idea who that woman was, but she saved my son's life. ANYTHING could have happened to him. We were so lucky.

My son is now 19 years old and thinking about how I could have lost him forever that day, still upsets me. Now, think about how a mother of a missing child feels as each day goes by........excruciating.

Deanna

No comments: