Thursday, August 03, 2006

What Are Basic Needs?


When I ask myself the question: "What do I really need in this world?", I come up with the following:
-clean water
-healthy food when I have hunger
-adequate shelter
-appropriate clothing for the seasons
-the ability to receive education throughout life


BASIC NEEDS--I'm not talking cable & cell phones & SUV's---to sustain & survive.
I believe most people would agree with my short list of BASIC needs.
Now, ask yourself, "Does everyone on our Earth DESERVE these BASIC needs?" You are shouting, "Well, of course!" I am assuming.
Everyone deserves it, because we are all the same. Unfortunately, we have many individuals in our world who do not agree with that sentiment. Their behavior & actions SHOW they do not believe we are all the same & worthy of BASIC needs.
It interferes with the building of the money pile they are sitting on.

I have my BASIC needs met, so what I have extra, whether it's energy, money, help, wisdom, physical action, food,....whatever I have extra......it needs to go to someone who is not receiving BASIC needs.

Who will you help today?


The Hunger Site : Give Food for Free to Hungry
People in the World


United Way of America

Peace,
Deanna

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am an active contributor to our local group that feeds those unable to provide for themselves. I agree that basic needs are a right of every person living on the earth.

Good post Deanna!

Unknown said...

Dropping by to say Hi!

Great job Deannahawk. Keep up the good work.

David

DeannaHawk said...

thanks dusty & david :)

Unknown said...

WATCH THIS VIDEO:
THE EYE OF THE STORM


Follow The Links
John Aravosis: Gatekeeper
David

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! High blood cholesterol heart disease Sac a roulette