Thursday, November 19, 2009

Pre-Thanksgiving Thoughts

We are one week away from Thanksgiving Day and the blogs and news outlets will be streaming with historical data and personal stories about the day and what it means.
The Day Of Thanks.
The Day Of Gratitude.
In one week, my family will be gathered; we are a small bunch. Myself, my husband and our three grown children. My in-laws live next door, so that is easy. My husband's newly separated cousin and his two daughters will also join us. And that's it.
It's family.
I am thankful I have my family; many will be alone this holiday.

Holidays create particular difficulties for those seeking sobriety. Alcoholics Anonymous : makes itself available on holidays for meetings and in some places gathering for sober potlucks.

The only requirement is a desire to stop drinking. Check out their website and locate meetings in your area.

Peace.

No comments: